Search engine indexing and page specific widgets?
I have a few questions about your tool:
- Is the Q&A content indexable by search engines?
- Will the content be indexed from our website, your website or both? I’m concerned about duplicate content.
- Is there a way to add page specific Q&A widgets across our website? E.g. questions submitted about "red widgets" submitted at examaple.com/red-widgets will only display at that URL.
1. Yes, the Q&A contents is indexable if it is a public Knowledge base.
2. The Search engines index all public content from all public sites. You can regualte it with robots.txt http://www.robotstxt.org/orig.html
3. You can create a widget for specific Knowledge base/forum. If you will create two Knowledge bases for two products you can setup on your website different widgets for different products. But if you want to do it for 10000 products I don't think it's easy.